Friday, July 09, 2010

Enough with the useless

Beacuase that's what this summer has been.
Our summer starts after Olivia and Andrew's annual performance, which has usually been Father's Day weekend. And I have accomplished almost nothing since then. I have hung many load of laundry ( important to me, as I drive so much. My friend Cheryl calls it my "personal carbon offset programme"). I have cooked meals, taken walks, and gone to the lake a few times, but that's about this. I wish I could at least say I had done lots of knitting or read lots of books, but I can';t even say that. I have barely finished any of either.
I'm sure a lot of this is that the kids have been letting me sleep in. I know many moms would say "Good job!" but it's been making my days start insanely late. Gotta stop. I haven't been blogging, I haven't been writing lesson plans for work, though I did do some of BOTH today ( as you can see with the blogging). I have totally failed to start planning for next school year, except to decide I want to take a field trip to the first Starbucks (Hey, I am required to teach WA state history!) and I really need to get on it because this year I need to start writing transcripts for Matthew. Oy.
So, no more of the useless. Expect more from me and bug me if I slack!

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Ditto.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Friendly Neighborhood Librarian said...

Even though you haven't planned for next year or read very many books or knitted very much, I think you deserve some down time.
You work so hard all year.
Enjoy yourself!
I love the Starbucks idea for Wa State History. You've already done the Theo's Chocolate tour, but you may have to do it again! And tour the whole Fremont area.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

I like how you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home