Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gratitude

I have so many more calories than my lifestyle forces me to use that I must exercise and limit calories.
I have hot water and soap. I have been known to use them to excess.

Aside from moderate lactose intolerance in two of them, my kids are healthy. Mentally and physically and intellectually. They have truly compassionate, generous hearts. This is a blessing that even money can't buy.

I have a husband who loves me, and friends who would drop anything for me ( and have).

I have a wonderful church community that is Spirit filled and dedicated to being God's hands and feet in the world.

I live in an area with more natural beauty than anywhere else, incredible rainfall, and too many free or inexpensive cultural opportunitites for us to take advantage of.

My kids have paper and books and schoolbooks that threaten to take over our house. While children in kenya learn to spell by making letters in the ground with goat dung, my kids will keep recycling drawing paper until their picture is "perfect".

4 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to take a moment and really be THANKFUL for the things that we do have. It is done rarly, thanks for making me remember.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Thank you!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger MARNUNEFREI said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home