Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ch ch changes

And yes, I will never hear that song the same since The Tenth Doctor: The Musical.

A few changes as we head into our new school year. Since
they lead into one another I will start with dance changes. For the past two years my kids have been at Action Dance Academy. While we have had some great teachers, and made great friends there, the drive has been a bit of a hassle from the start. At the time we started there it was the closest dance school that was a community based instructor with our charter school, so there we went. Recently, Ninth Avenue School of Dance, which is about 7 minutes away and the school where Olivia and Andrew have done Nutcracker for several years, became a CBI. So it is with some sadness we say Farewell to ADA and embark on a new chapter in dance.
Which leads into: Olivia has done bells with our church for three years now. Because she will be moving up to three days a week of ballet, she had to make a choice ( time conflict). She chose ballet ( somewhat to my surprise) so will be forgoing bell choir this year. I wish we could have made it all work. I still have to figure out what she will do about ballet during Lent.

Anyone in Federal way knows that for the last few years our regional library has been undergoing major renovations. These are now done, and I have officially transferred all my holds from the 320th to Regional. While I love being able to walk/cycle to the library I feel a bit sad and disloyal switching from the library where my kids went to storytime as wee ones.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

What does Lent have to do with ballet? I know how "home" libraries can be for sure. Sounds like lots of new adventures are in store!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Friendly Neighborhood Librarian said...

I don't like the last change, but I do understand! I'll miss seeing your smiling faces and am sure we'll still see each other around, seeing as how you don't live very far away.

I'm glad we're friends on FB.

And I too wondered about ballet during Lent.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Because she has ballet on Wds evenings and that's when she's also supposed to be in 10 commandment class for the duration of Lent.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Oh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home