Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bigoted in Federal Way

I just read a letter that made my blood boil. You can read it here: http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/fwm/opinion/letters/98287124.html

I don't often write letters to the editor, but this letter was so full of hate that I did. I don't know if it will be printed or not, but I'm sharing it with you here.



TJ Brown's letter regarding "Gay in Federal Way" is full of hate and misinformation. Moving to any particular city over another to avoid gay people is an exercise in futility. Gay people make up roughly 10% of our population and since they are born , not recruited ( which Brown was concerned about) they are being born here, there and everywhere, all the time. Even in Federal Way.Brown also confuses gays and transvestites ("and a dress too if he wants to play dress up with his steam bath buddies").I can understand wishing our city did not have to spend money on diversity awareness issues, including gay awareness. However, Brown's letter is proof that we need to.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Friendly Neighborhood Librarian said...

Thanks for the wonderful letter, Jenna. I saw that letter and it was one I'd hoped to respond to but haven't yet.
Yours was great.
I may still just to make sure they know there are a lot more of us than there are of that guy.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

That's why I wrote it, gerry...not because I thought I could educate peple like that hater but to make sure our city's gay citizen's know they have more support.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

You are a good neighbor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home