Sunday, June 28, 2009

TV, yoga, chocolate, and pyromania

We have been watching TV lately- much too much. Between Netflix, DVDs borrowed from Nexus, and the library there is too much to watch for summer. With some of it NSFK this has led to the DM not only trying to send the kids to bed while the sun is up, but declaring The Boy old enough to watch Heroes. Time to rein it in. I canceled all my holds from the library ( not books, of course) and am trying to cycle in things for Nexus on my Netflix queue.
Today, Nexus and I went up to Theo chocolates in Seattle for yoga and chocolate. Great Hatha Flow Yoga- I feel very good. Tasty tasty organic fair trade chocolate. We hit the Fremont Sunday Market where I had the most amazing falafel.
After I got home, I found out the kids had slept in for the DM, and before he got up had stripped their beds, swept the house and cleaned up. Yay!Which, the DM tells, me, means he was lenient on them when they started a very small fire in the back yard with a magnifying glass. Dear Lord.

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Let's clean the house so we can go start a fire! Wow. I'm lost - who is Nexus?

Too much TV here, as well. The Girl with Buffy and the Baby with WordGirl.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Olson Clan said...

Love the last paragraph. Your new slogan is "you know you homeschool when.... your children start a fire in the backyard with a magnifying glass." Too funny!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Oh, Nexus is my best friend ( that's her SN).
Jenn,I don't think I want that as my new slogan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home