Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Dress Rehearsals

Dress rehearsals have started at HRH The Faerie Princess's dance school, and thus I had to learn to do something I have avoided for 1 1/2 years of ballet: do a bun with actual bobby pins. I am convinced I lack the neccesary "hair doing gene". I am certainly doing something wrong. For starters, a few months ago I walked in on a kids only hair cutting party. The VERY short bangs HRH got then are now longish and raggedy. Miss H, her teacher, insists that enough gel will make them lay down. I must be getting the wrong gel. I only have to do this two more times this year, then it's back to wrapping her buns in organza hair tutus.

Ah, and make up. Daddy is less than thrilled with that. Now we have to specify "No make up but STAGE make up until you're 30. "

At least my neighbor sewed the bow on her costume for me.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I remember all that for ballet recitals. The make-up and hair stuff freaked me out, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home