Thursday, January 12, 2012

My medical issues (with TMI)

I want tp preface this by saying that I have been seeking medical help. I don't want anyone to think I'm looking to the internet for medical advice instead of seeing a doctor.
For a few months I have had some intermittent constipation with localised discomfort. The severity is very much tied to my cycles. Brian is sure it's due to me going paleo, but I eat HUGE amounts of veg and salad, and I can just feel something, in the same spot. Not like a lump but SOMETHING. Even when I am not in discomfort, if I do belly rolls I can feel it. I HATE HATE HATE doctors and any procedure more invasive than a tooth cleaning causes near paralysing fear in me. I have not has a check up in 4 years; I wouldn't get them for free unless I feared ( as I do now) that I have something going on with my body that left unchecked might kill me. A wierd side note- rather than making it worse, exercise makes the pain almost disappear.
I went to my doctor Dec 27th. Nothing seemed out of place; she found no palpable masses, no health issues at all. No tenderness. She did a blood test for kidney, liver and thyroid function. BTW, blood draws for me are a two person job- one to draw the blood,the other to squeeze my hand and remind me to breathe. Yes, I actually DID stop breathing during my blood draw, and have fainted in the past from them. 
Understand, I had all of my kids drug free, not from any hippy naturalness but because I TRULY find 25 hours of unmedicated back labour less daunting than being pricked by a needle. That combination tells you I must be in a lot of pain, and worrisome pain, to be pursuing this medically.
Last week, abdominal ultrasound. Every thing is normal, but I am able to pinpoint the source of my pain as the spleen. I now call them spleen attacks. Yesterday was the last day of my period ( which lasted too long, let me tell you. Since Sunday evening I have been in my most severe pain yet, spending what time I could doubled over and barely able to eat. (I know, because I would have myself a few years ago, that some of you are thinking, "Not able to eat? I'd like that problem!" The reality? Not so much, and at 5'1, 123 pounds, I don't have a lot of not eating wiggle room)


So I finally got a visit with a gastroenterologist set up, which took ALL FREAKING AFTERNOON. And the appointment is in FEBRUARY. I dread the thought of menstruating again with this unchecked. A friend has brought up endometreosis, which I mentioned again in yet ANOTHER voicemail left with my doctor. In the meantime, internet- any thoughts?

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Rebecca K. said...

wow... i really wish i had a clue... I so hope you find answers and SOON! and just as a side note- you sound JUST LIKE ME! :-) will be praying for you!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger lindsayrobinson said...

Have you checked the Gall Bladder? very common, and big source of pain. I had to have mine removed 2 weeks after I gave birth.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

No ideas, but I am so sorry. You will be in my thoughts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home