Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Top Reasons I knit while watching TV

I always knit or crochet while watching TV, and here are 5 of my top reasons. I invite my crafty sistren and brethren to add their favourites, though I think most of us will share the same number 1.


5 Smoking is icky, and I don't like to watch it. A character lights up, I can look down at my knitting

4 I'm not into sex scenes. While some of my fellow crafters may disagree with me here...to each their own... I find the cable I'm making much more enjoyable to look at that naked strangers.

3 Hands being cut. freaks me out. beheading? Fine. Paper cut on the hand? Can't watch.

2 Hypodermic needles. I could never watch Fringe without my knitting.

1 And the number one reason I always, always knit while watching TV? Never a wasted movie. You know that feeling , when you come to the end of a movie (one you hopefully streamed instead of paying $8 a head to see) and say, "That's 2 hours of my life I can never get back"? If you're a yarn crafter, you never have to say that. We may have watched the same crappy movie, but while the non crafter has only watched a crappy movie, the crafter is looking down and saying, "At least I got two inches of knitting done".

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

For me, it's gotta be keeping my hands busy - let's me focus on the film without getting fidgety, and best of all, it keeps me from eating!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Those are both great ones.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yeah, it keeps the munchies at bay. Knitting/Crocheting while watching TV makes me feel productive instead of like a couch potato.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home