Monday, November 30, 2009

The right thing for the vain reasons

You all know about my weight loss, and my food choices, and how I have done it all the healthy way and feel good and strong and healthy. But here's the part I try to downplay.
A big motivating factor for me is vanity.
I know, not an attractive quality. But that's how it is. I'm 37 and in a few months I'll have a teenager. And I am cool with that! I proudly own those aspects of myself!
But good Lord, I do not want to LOOK the part.
I have dyed since the first grey hair, and plan to do so for many years to come. Much of the money I used to spend on high calorie coffee drinks, I now spend on unguents with alpha hydroxy acid, grapeseed oil, and other ingredients that promise "to hide fine lines and wrinkles". I eat foods with antioxidants, like blueberries and nuts, like crazy. I am starting to share clothes with my daughter.
It helps that I was blessed by good genes-my grandmother never looked her age, either. (Many of my other close female relatives have smoked, so not such an accurate template). And I *do* think the next thing is my favour is that I have never smoked. I drink mostly water, tea, and black coffee now. A lot of decisions I make are based not just, or even so much on the health benefits, but that I am VAIN and want people to say always "You look so much younger than that!"

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger KrissleB. said...

I can totally relate to that Jenna. Great POST! You know I think we all are like that at some point in our lives.

Thanks for your honesty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home