Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Still trying to trust my kids, still not easy

I think I'm really split on this. I want to trust my kids, I want them to be free and self directed, but when I try to let go things fall apart and I tighten the reins again to try to restore order and my sanity. I try to let go when it comes to school stuff;it works some, other ways it doesn't. I wonder what God wants me to learn from all this. OK, I don't wonder, I pretty much know, but it's a damn hard lesson to learn.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

It's never easy letting them grow up. But they do need to make their mistakes so they can learn from them. Best we can do is try to predict which mistakes they can handle making at any given time and then direct them to the right solution once it's been made.

{{{{{hugs}}}}

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

That's the trick, though, isn't it? Which ones they are ready to handle?

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Yeah, and I never think they are as ready as they think we're ready, and who's right?

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I always find that I have to tighten up every time I've loosened up to keep mistakes from becoming unhandle-able....it's just impossible!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Yes, yes, that's exactly what happens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home