Tuesday, June 05, 2007

8 things about me (part 1)

1) I was raised in Pennsylvania Amish Country. Our main forms of entertainment were cow tipping and driving past the firehalls on Bingo nights and shouting "Bingo!" in the open doors.

2) I was raised by my grandmother, though my mother lived with us. She was severely bi-polar ( though her diagnosis changed several times, with the times). I feel if her illness had been better managed, she'd be alive today.

3) I have been Lutheran all my life. If I were not hooked into the great church I am now, I'd be a Liberal Quaker, as they resonate with me so much, especially in peace and justice as faith issues.

4) I am really in love with classical education. In a lot of ways, it's what I also wanted. Also, I am a bit of a snob so it appeals to me for that reason.

Wow, it's been hard enough coming uo with 4 things interesting about me. I'll save the rest for another day.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

It's cool to read about you.

I am impressed with the Lutherans' tradition of service as well. they have really taken a leadership role in helping the Lost Boys of Sudan who are here in the U.S. and , in Texas, they are taking a leadership role in helping the unaccompanied immigrant children who were being basically detained as criminals until a short while ago rather than being given the sort of shelter and nurturing that unaccompanied minors should receive.

Have you seen the movie Luther? I just love that movie...

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Yes, I have! It was really inspiring to me.
It is wonderful to hear what Liutherans are doing in Texas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home