Thursday, May 24, 2007

Common Cold Hell

I have to say, nothing puts a damper on my homeschooling mama style than being too stuffy and sore throated to read to my kids. We just did NOTHING today. OK, I did nothing, the kids have been hard at work in the backyard or, in The Boy's case, with his stack of Artemis Fowl books.

At The Boy's behest, I have started said books. The first book I'm finding somewhat dull b ut he assures me it gets better. I want to show my kids that I value their opinions and recommendations, though I'll admit some quid pro quo here- he promised to read Ender's Game if I read Artemis Fowl. So far, he hasn't. Still, I need to trust that me slogging through his books has value for our relationship.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

You are a saint. The LSG and I like many of the same things but you won't catch me slogging through some of her syrupy tripe.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

LOL! You note I'm not reading HRH's Disney Fairies books.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

And I plan to make the LSG read all the dumb stuff the LSB wants to hear to her while I only read the good stuff...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home