Saturday, September 15, 2012

Adventures in humanity, The Ides of September

Last month, I convinced SuperGirl to ride the bus to the comic book store for drawing club. It was a classic comedy of errors; I put her on the wrong bus, she had to walk for 1/2 a mile, and her seat was sticky.
Today was the first time since then that I convinced her to ride the bus, and I had to ride WITH her.
On the way to the bus stop, I tried to explain that riding with her was a short term thing meant to get her comfortable with riding the bus and to help her be able to get herself places. She wanted bus pants. I asked her what bus pants look like. Sweatpants? Fireman pants? Pants that are just big? She gave up.
When we got on the bus, I was thrilled that the driver told me, "Honey, you're overpaying". She was surprised that I'm an adult. Day. Made.
Before debarking, Supergirl did admit that that this bus was cleaner then the first one she rode.
While riding home, I checked my email and got an email from a friend offering to pay for a fun thing I was worrying about being able to pay for, since it's a luxury and we have medical bills and church and dance stuff to pay for. Thank you!
Now, wish me luck on those future bus rides.

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Yay!!! And luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home