Friday, September 09, 2011

Full schedule!

I want to apologise to my dear readers for not updating recently...I've been busy turning 39 and getting our school year started. I want to get a longer post going next week when we've had a chance to dip our toes into all our activities and get all our online courses going, but here are a few highlights. Things are so busy that we already had our first scheduling conflict- Gothgrrl missed her first kendo class because she is on the 7th grade new confirmands cruise. (by the way, the boys were not expecting their first class to be learning how to sit, kneel, stand up and walk-without getting a shenai yet). Turbo is in ballet, tap, kendo, and bell and vocal choirs. Gothgrrl is in confirmation, bell choir, kendo, and in October ballroom dance. The Boy is doing confirmation and kendo. I love being back into the swing of our classical schooling. So far ( two weeks, ha!) I've been successful at keeping us on track with the literature! The older two will both be doing science and French online through Apex, so we're waiting for those classes to get processed. So far they have also both been great about getting their work done and even diving in with enthusiasm. I've been getting the greatest reward: The Boy telling me several times what a great job I'm doing as a teacher and thanking me for homeschooling him. Funny story...on the way home from confirmation orientation this Wednesday, he was saying that he didn't mind any of his classes so far except art history, which is dumb. The DM said "That's just sad, art history was my favourite subject in college".
The Boy: "Well Dad, where did Latin and Greek fall on your list of favourite classes?"
The DM : "I never took Latin or Greek".
The Boy ( with all the deep respect with which our children always speak to us) "Gee Dad, that's just sad".

3 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Olson Clan said...

love it!!!!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Tell the child not to dis history!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Not world history, art history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home