Wednesday, July 27, 2011

When you let your kids watch Big Bang Theory

Last night I made beef roast with Spanish rice and yams for dinner. My 14 year old looked at the food askance, took a slice of beef, tasted it.
"Wow, this is actually pretty good. Have a nickel".
Then my 12 year old asked, "If I eat rice, do I have to have yams?" When I said no she gave me 11 cents.
Then the 14 year old made his fatal error and asked my husband how much the turbinado seat salt cocoa almonds at Trader Joes are.
"Hey, you kids are trying to operant condition me!"
The 14 year old tried to claim in a too innocent voice that he would NEVER do anything that devious.
Later, while kicking back with some Quantum leap with the older two, my husband served them brownies. Delicious, gluten free walnutty browies. Before heading off to bed, the gothgirl came out and gave him a penny. He looked at me, confused. "You gave her a brownie. She's conditioning you to keep doing that."
The pennies don't do it for me but if they lay in the cocoa almonds....? It would totally work.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Smart children.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home