Friday, August 09, 2013

Random meanderings: organization

I am a firm believer that you have failed to put your socks away properly unless you pair them and ball them so you can find a proper pair. My family does not agree, which results in chaos and discord. I do my best to properly sort my kids' socks, but I have a basket in my room that perpetually has a dozen orphans. This week I had to schlep through my growing 11 year old's closet in search of clothes for camp, and I may be able to pair half a dozen of those socks. You have no clue how this relieves me.


All summer, I have been listening to CDs while I work out. I can't really do that during the school year, because kids are doing school. With the exception of Michael Feinstein, it's all been rock and roll ( which makes the yoga cool downs I've added for pain-avoiding reasons much more enjoyable! I know, I know....) While I'm not on any "each CD only once" plan, I'm trying to not listen to the same things over and over. It's good for me to rediscover old music (much of it "Greatest Hits" collection I got back in the Columbia House days) and also good not to listen to "Dark Side of the Moon" every.single.morning. Today as I was sorting through I came to the conclusion that our music falls into three categories: CDs I bought, CDs my husband bought, and a random assortment to CDs people bought or burned for us because they *think* we should like them, but that we never listen too but my husband won't let me get rid of because someone gave them to us.* (Whilst I was looking my daughter snuck the debut album from Walking Papers into the CD player. Good rock!)

*Let me use a real conversation to illustrate the extent of my husband's "We can't get rid of that!".

Me: "This pillow is ripped, can we get rid of it?"
Husband "No, someone in my family made it."
Me "Really? Because it looks manufactured. Who made it?"
Husband: "I don't know."
Me: "So you cannot confirm that it's home made OR made by anyone in your family, but we can't get rid of it because you THINK it MIGHT HAVE BEEN?"
Husband: :yes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home