Friday, June 01, 2012

Quite a few changes

As the year draws to the close, I am seeing so many changes in our lives. This always happens at the end of a school year, but more so this year. As I'm both OCD and Lutheran , you can imagine how this sits with me. Here's the run down of how my life is changing.

-My health. As you know, it has been a struggle since at least October, maybe longer. At this point it stands at "probably endometriosis" and I will start on the low dose pill this Sunday, for four months, with a follow up in late August.
-Changes in virtual school. Because the virtual school we have been with 5 years, Columbia Virtual Academy, will no longer be playing for outside classes in 2012-2013, I am moving Turbo to Meridian Parent Partnership, so that we can continue to get dance paid for. We will also have new teacher (s?) as neither the teacher we have had four years nor the high school advisory teacher The Boy had this year will be returning. I will miss the former but the latter was not as useful as we'd hoped.
-My oldest child has completed confirmation. In October he will be confirmed as an adult member of our church. Yikes!
-The death of my father in law. Mercifully, he had only two weeks of being incapacitated. 89 years is a god run.
-The Mothers of Preschoolers group that I have been involved with in one form or another for a dozen years will be ending next week. It's time has simply come, and we don't have the people to make it work. I will miss it in so many ways, not just the extra money ;) (A good deal of which gets spent on gas to get there and on Starbucks). It's been a huge part of my life and I love working with the kids. This past year I also ran the programme for the kids and while I was quite fearful at first, I did not do too badly.
Is that all? probably not. But it's enough change to think about for now.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

To more good changes and less bad ones for all of us this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home