Friday, May 04, 2012

A thought on why people wear exercise clothes to walk and jog.


I walk a lot, and try to throw some jogging in. I want to work up to actual running  ;) I wear jeans to walk and even to jog. I don't get why people feel a need to wear special clothes to WALK.
Today, I was out with my kid, walking on both dirt and paved trail, wearing jeans ( as usual) and some rather stylish fur lined boots. I happily threw in running, not feeling encumbered by my jeans, but inspired by the imagination the kid and I threw into it.
Then I got it. Mundanes wear special clothes to exercise because they can't foresee the day when they might NOT be able to change before they have to run. They can't imagine the Doctor materializing and telling them to run for their lives. In their minds, the zombie apocalypse is never going to happen. They will never have to run from dai-kaiju or super villains.
Now, I do sleep in exercise clothes, because they are more practical than pajamas ( these things could all happen in the middle of the night, you know). I will sometimes even wear yoga pants out of the house if I'm going to a  Zumba class or actually planning to run. But for the most part, I want to be prepared to run no matter what I'm wearing.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

You and my husband - I can't see him running but he does have a zombie apocalypse plan for the house.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Feralhousewife said...

Running is important when zombies come.

I am not very fast bu tI am faster than my friends. I am sure they will take one for the team when I trip them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home