Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I am the age I am.

I turned 38 last Friday, and it appears I am reaching the age when it's expected I will start lying about it. If not this year or the next, soon. I have heard quite a few jokes about staying one age or the other for all future birthdays. My own husband insists he wants to stay 42. (He's 43).
This all seems rather silly to me. Not like I think lying about one's age is a "bad" lie- it's pretty innocuous, like fudging the weight on your driver's licence. But, why not tell the truth?
Maybe it's because I look pretty good for my age. A combination of good genes and mostly avoiding aging habits has served me well. (Hint: I look way younger for my age then my friends who took up smoking, for any length of time). Maybe in 20 years I'll eat my words. But right now, I have no problem with how old I am. With the liberal application of sunscreen, water, and black coffee I plan to be pretty joyful about 40.

1 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I'm 38 going on 39 and do have a bit of a problem with it, but I wouldn't lie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home