Friday, October 26, 2007

A perfect day, with soundtrack

Yesterday it was lovely ( as it was today) and we headed off for one of those long, meandering, child-led walks. The kids were in of a long Middle Earth LARP, with Matthew as the self appointed DM ( he's the only one who understands the stats and can do the math) so I took my MP3 player. Appropriately, one of the songs playing while I watched my beautiful free range children gambole along the trail was Rush's Time Stand Still. Would that I could! Also apropos, I listened to my favorite Led Zep song, Battle of Evermore, which I personally think is far superior to Stairway.
The boy is going on his first sleepover tonight, after a church social. The DM is uneasy- not because we don't implicitly trust The Boy's host- we do! but because it requires letting go.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Mungo N Teazer (and the Firecat too!!!) said...

Ah yes, Evermore is infinitely better than Stairway. I'll even take Levee. Part of it is that Stairway has been so very overplayed and overused that the others are a breath of fresh air.

Not sure what a LARP is but sounds like it was fun. :)

GoodyScrivener

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

They do sound like some wonderful free-range children!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger gojirama said...

Live Action Role Playing- can be differentiated from pretend play by the character stats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home