Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Learning flexibilty

This is a hard one for me. Deep down, I'm just not flexibel. I like things written out ( in ink, so it "has" to happen) and I like my list to all get done in a timely manner. I get edgy if I don't. But the last few days were an exercise. Yesterday The Warlord calls to ask me if I could bring him his linch. By 11. Right in the middle of school time. I had to remind myself that one of the great thinga about homeschooling is the flexibilty. I had the kids bring stuff in the car, and we wrorked in the afternoon too, and hey, it all got done. Since I have committed to doing 10 minutes of ab work every morning, I've had to re-adjust my ideas on when we should start schoolwork-only by 10 minutes, but to control freak folks like me that's a lot.

Today I had to go pick up a bookshelf from freecycle, and take a microwave for recycling. It's almost 4 and the truckt hat was supposed to pick up our old stove and fridge by 5 isn't here.

All this means we didn't get in a walk. Maybe we'll have an extra long one tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Maybe you could come provide some much-needed structure for my chaotic family and I could go be loosy-goosy with yours for awhile! Actually, I don't think the LSB would go for that, though.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

LOL! Rule #1: Make lists in ink, and convince yourself the world will end if you don't complete everything on your list.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Wannabe said...

Okay I am so like this too Goji. It's part of my controlling side. I need my lists to function. I thrive on order. Then if I don't get everything on the list done I feel like a failure. Endless cycle I tell ya!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home