Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year

We had a wonderful, safe new year and hope you had the same.
I did overeat, and over eat the dairy, which brings me to an "update" about what my body has been doing the past few months.
Like so many Americans, I over eat. I over eat on healthier stuff than most- but I am way overweight.
However, this fall I started noticing that I was getting heartburn- often severe- if I ate at night. I first cut out nighttime snacks and when that didn't work, I tried starting in on the seconds of supper. I say tried because it works when I do it, but it's a struggle. Other things have been kicking my butt- dairy, too much sugar, alcohol drunk with any suger, or more than a single serving of aclohol. While listening to my body in these matters is hard, hard, hard, I feel it's a blessing!
I have also started exercising, and sticking with it! I am doing aerobics almost every morning ( unless I have to get out of the house early) and I keep hand weights around for when I am idle or my back hurts. Nothing helps my backaches more, especially since they are due to poor posture.
And the latest development- I have not been able to finish the last three coffe drinks I got from Starbucks, either soy or cow. I think I'll use the extra money for lead free makeup.
I have lost 12 pounds so far, and my "resolution" is to really cut out the dairy, be even better about avoiding seconds, and exercise even during my period.

4 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Very sound resolutions! I mysteriously lost 6 pounds in recent months (taking the amount I need to lose from 55 to 49 pounds) which is weird, because I have definitely been eating worse than I usually do, and fell off the wild cherry pepsi wagon (I had it kicked for like a year) due to extreme stress and exhaustion. I am going to try to keep up the weight loss momentum, though. I got a new pedometer for Christmas and am going to get my 10,000 steps a day in again. How do the hand weights help with posture? I have big problems with that, too.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

If you haven't already done so, please have your gallbladder checked out. The symptoms you're reporting, and especially the foods that are bothering you, are exactly what I went through for a year and a half before my gallstones got bad enough to cause jaundice.

Congrats on losing the 12 pounds so far! Keep it up!!

GoodyScrivener

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

LSM-
By stregthing the shoulder area, it really pulls it all up.

Jenn- that is really sound advice, my mom had her gallbladder out so it wouldn't be surprising if it happens to me.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I'll have to try that - thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home