Friday, October 03, 2008

Book: The Martian Child by David Gerrold

Few books grip me so that I can't go to bed until I've read the last page, no matter the hour. This book gets that rare honor. The Martian Child , labeled as a novel based on true events, reads as more autobiographical. The story of a single gay science fiction writer who adopts a "hard to place" son, this is the most powerful expression of the power of parental love I have read since Expecting Adam. There is not much more I can say except, read this book.

4 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I read it years ago and was less moved. I liked it, but not as much as you did.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger knittingsheeple said...

I just saw the movie on HBO and really liked it. In the movie he's portrayed as a widower. It starred John Cusack (my reason for watching :) ).

(knittingsheeple from ravelry and one of MayMom's friends)

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Rebecca K. said...

I enjoyed the movie. I didn't even know it was originally a book! cool!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

It's a great book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home