Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Winding down, reconfiguring

Our school year is winding down, and at least one kid is finishing a subject per day now.

It has remained rainy though, and not only I but the Boy are dreading the idea of rainy weather with no schedule. I have determined we are getting too sucked in by the screen- between the games and having both the entire Voyager and Northern Exposure. I have determined that I will make them work for their screen time-if it's too rainy for walks or the park, they will get increments of game and TV time interspersed with board games and reading together.
I still dread it though. I just want it to be sunny and for them to play outside.

7 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Bring 'em here!

The Lone Star Girl is warming to the idea of her betrothal, but she says it is not enough to be a Star Trek fan - her husband must also be a Marvel comics fan. DC enthusiasts do not interest her. I told her we'd work on it.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger A said...

I totally understand...I was so looking forward to park day today but it seems the powers that be decided I needed a lesson in patience instead.

We have finally mostly finished redoing the house so now it is easier to get to things and make the kids do more...inside or out!

Make you a deal...it keeps raining you all can come and hang here off and on. There are all kinds of things to do I'm sure I can bore the older two easy...lol) and we can chat and have tea or something.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Olson Clan said...

We actually braved the weather and headed to the park. We had never been there before, but it will now be visited frequently :) Missed you guys.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Hey a, I will for sure come over. Want company afetr story time?

LSM, LSG will be glad to know The Boy is an Xmen fan. Did you know Marvel also did a Godzilla series?

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Oh, and missed you too Jenn!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger A said...

After storytime works for us...we will have an extra child but that should be ok (he is normally just like my other two boys...lol)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Fabulous. Next step: she says he needs a Comicvine account. Comicvine is her life. I believe this would be www.comicvine.com - check it out. She's Magick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home