Friday, May 23, 2008

ZOMG, I'm quoting Dr Laura

Never thought THAT day would come.
She blogs on homeschooling and socialization: http://www.drlaurablog.com/2008/05/22/home-schooling-does-not-hamper-socialization/

Quote: I personally believe that home-schooling helps students who have problems with focus and difficulties with energy control. The traditional school environment required “Stepford Child” control, and the teaching techniques required for a group of thirty do not necessarily assist the learning needs and talents of each individual student. So, instead of drugging kids to be docile, perhaps we should turn to the successes of home-schooling.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger A said...

WOW...I never thought I would see the day you would quote her and I would agree!

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Ditto. I still don't like her, though, even though I agree with that one.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing wrong with homeschooling (and this isn't wrong for families who can do it obviously)is that most families don't have the means to have a parent home to do it, so it can't be a solution for most families. For those who can and wish to do it, it is obviously a good thing, so people should just calm down about it already.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Are you having a summer break?

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

Yes, starting the 20th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home