Monday, July 30, 2007

Red Dwarf, Children of Dune, and NYC Ballet workout

The past few weeks we have been waching Red Dwarf- unfortunately gthe library only has series I-IV. One of the best things was not an actual episode, but a special feature on the the Series IV disc where the dwarfers guested on the cooking show "Can't cook, Won't cook". This gained us a lovely epidsode for Viceroy Chicken which will be a new keeper :)

Last night we started Sci-Fi's Children of Dune. It's worth getting from the library, but not much more. We let The Boy watch it with us and he commented about 1/2 way through that it made no sense. Of course, the long time sci-fi fan knows this is a hallmark of anyone trying to adapt Dune to the screen.

Lastly, this morning I tried out the NYC Ballet Workout DVD. Let me just say this- I'm not cut out to be a dancer. I quit after 15 inutes.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I always have to watch each Dune adaptation but then I am always disappointed. The books are such pinnacle-of-sci-fi goodness that it is really amazing how bad the movies are. When I was 15, I sent the director of the first movie one of my headshots and a letter begging her to let me play Alia in Dune Messiah. Never heard from her and, of course, she didn't make anymore(:

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger gojirama said...

Bummer! I could totally see you as Alia.

I think that's why, kind of. The books are so very good and deep and complex that they CAN'T be properly adpated to the screen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home