Sunday, November 20, 2005

Currently reading (and crafting)

So many books!

Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Gatto. All I can say is, this should be required reading.

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves . I love this book. I find myself nodding in assent frequently. Some of you will say that speaks ill of me.

Last but not least, after many years of faithful reading ... The Dark Tower. I was probably not much older than Filius Ceasar when I first read The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. ( We'll lay aside for the moment whether my mom should have let me read it) Now, the clearing at the end of the path is in sight. I may lose sleep over this.

Finally- I have taken up crocheting. I am working on my second project ever, a scarf. The first was a dish cloth, which had proven quite useful. The fact that I'm self taught and don't count stitches makes things interesting. When I can afford the yarn, I plan to make some Hogwarts scarves.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

Yes, you WILL lose sleep over DT. And that's all I'm going to tell you.
-- Goody/Jenn

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger gojirama said...

I think I almost lost my breakfast. Do NOT read about Flagg's end while eating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home