Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Doughnuts, blindsides and Anne Lamott

Last night I made doughnuts. Fresh homemade donuts with real butter, not crappy trans fats. They are so good. They are so bad for you. Folks, if you want to make points with your mate and offspring, make doughnuts.

While digging through the drawer looking for something to cut the doughnuts with, I come across the cap to a Medela breastmilk storage bottle. How long has it been there? I don't know, but it was like being blindsided. See, there are still all these little reminders.

I don't usually like "chick" books, but I like Anne Lamott. Even though I've taken a very different road I feel a certain kinship...being a kind of funky, liberal, irrevverant Christian. I have the occassional feeling that people will "find me out" ( find out what? That I love Monty Python? That I don't actually listen to Christian music?) Sometimes I don't feel "good enough".

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Well, I think you're good enough! Way good enough! Thinking of you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home